The resources summary table is split into the following sections
Information for parents | Picture
cards | Speech therapy games |
General educational | | Rewards | Clipart
| Kids Crafts | The Cat's Out
Before using these resources please read our disclaimer
NEW Available to buy now Our
first Speech Teach UK resources CD, resources marked with a # in the
table below are available on this Speech Teach Resources CD 1
Price $20 ( UK £15 )
Information for parents
- The Little Bear who Sucked his Thumb - Thumb sucking is a very common problem with children. This book approaches the issue in a fun and non-threatening way, providing subtle motivation and inspiration for children to stop the habit when they’re ready.
- Tips and hints
- The Ten Commandments For Parents
Of Children with Special Needs
- Kinderstart - a search
engine for all things related to kid's education, health and development
- Story Time - the benefits
of reading to your children including useful information from
and links to other sites
- Developmental milestones
for speech and language development.
- Our parent support group.
- Setting up your own support
- Support Group Directory
- Our aim is to help people contact others in a similar
situation, in their own area, or via the internet.
- Reading Together -
information to help parents with ideas about the best way to approach
reading practice with their child
- Armani Drama Workshops
- Nora Armani's children's workshops aim at giving children a
chance to express themselves, helping them find a constructive
and positive interactive interest in their everyday surroundings
- Which school for my child?
- Choosing a school for your child can be a difficult process
for parents, especially if your child has special educational
needs.The Parent Partnership Programme in Derby have kindly given
us permission to include their list of example questions you might
want to ask when visiting a school.
Speech Therapy - Picture cards
- How to make picture cards
- Picture card match up #
- Picture card treasure
- Picture and word match up #
- Picture card snap
Speech Therapy -Games and Activities
- Think of a... a game designed
to get your child to think of words beginning with certain sounds.
Now including the Think of a .... 2002.
- Fill in a word ... stories
with blanks to fill in with words or pictures.
Fox. A story about a fox on an adventure. This story is
stuffed full of words beginning with s, sh, h, and f. #
story about Mum making a chocolate cake for the family.
This story contains words beginning and ending with 'sh' and
words beginning in 'ch'.
- Sound Train #
- On my way to school I saw...
a game designed by a speech language pathologist based in Sydney
- Number spinner -
an alternative to using dice. #
- Frog Hop Game - A
simple game to get your child to repeat the same word six times. #
- Sound spinner - is a simple
activity to practice putting different sounds before vowel
- Silly Rhymes and Crazy Creatures
and the jelly
the Tricky - a magical rabbit!
- Rog the
Web site has a wonderful section on Nursery Rhymes for
language. This is a brilliant source of ideas for games and
activities using nursery rhymes, useful for both Speech Therapists
and also for parents.
Rhymes for Modern Times, written by Angie Barlow are a
fantastic resource for parents wishing to use humorous rhyme
to help teach their children.
- Odd one out -
a simple activity designed to encourage the use of language.#
- Fish Tails - a word puzzle
designed to investigate the use of the sound 'sh' at the beginning
or end of a word. #
- Letter Crash - An activity
to help to teach your child to say the sounds 'ch' and 'j'. #
- Picture cubes
- 3 -dimensional cubes for you to construct with a picture on
- From Beginning to End
- a game to practice putting the sounds 'sh', 'ch' and 'th at
the beginning or end of words.
- Rabbit Hop - A simple game
to get your child to repeat the same word six times. This game
is based on our Frog Hop game but in this game the playing cards
are larger and more suitable for use with younger children.
- What time is it? make
and use a teaching clock. #
- Split word cards. An early
reading activity. #
- Garden writing - helps
- Read it! - A workbook to practice
reading phonetically similar word sets
- A 1 -100 number square
- to be used to teach early mathematics skills. #
- A 1 -10 x multiplication tables
- Picture Alphabet #
- Week Snake - Teach your child
the days of the week
- Fraction lines - to help
teachyour child about fractions
- Spelling Fish - A simple
activity to help your child learn to spell.
- Word lists - to help teach
spelling and reading
- Number Friends - to teach number bonds to 10
- Pet Shop Chaos - to order numbers by size
- Number practise 1-20 - This game helps your child to practise recognising and writing numbers 1 to 20.
- 1 to 20 Number spinner - A number spinner can be used in place of dice for lots of games.
General educational -Rewards
- Well done certificate #
- Stickers - to print on
Avery J8160 Inkjet address labels #
- Sticker chart #
- Beginning sh
- Beginning h
- Beginning s
- Beginning f
- Beginning t
- Beginning c/k
- Beginning ch
- Ending sh
- Animals NEW
- Activity words
- Food words
- Transport clipart
- Household clipart
- People and Occasions
- Easter chick collage.
- Pebble Bugs
- Play dough recipe
- Christmas colouring and decorations
- Mask making activity
The cat's out of the bag
- Who let the cat out?
- Beth's animated house
- Happy Easter!
- Happy Halloween!
- Sitting on the wall animation
- Ed's People animation
Back to TOP of this page.
this site to a friend.
Join our mailing list
Rate the resources.