Speech Therapy..... Frog Hop
A simple game to get your child to repeat the same word six times.
This is a quick game meant to be played in short bursts!
Select the picture to see a bigger view.
If you are unsure about the suitability of this game for your
child please check with your speech therapist.
To play the game
- Choose the word you want to practice
- Slide the 6 pictures into the clear plastic pockets on the lily
- Attach the word card to the Velcro strip on the top of the board.
- Ask your child to hop the frog to each lily pad, each time saying
the word and removing the picture card.
- On the last lily pad the frog gets to eat a tasty fly as a treat!
I chose picture cards for words beginning with s, sh, f, and c as these
are the starting sounds that we are currently working on with Beth. It
is easy to make any picture cards that you need. Remember to check out
our clipart section for images that you can use.
To make the game
Instructions on how to make your own Frog Hop game.
To store the picture and word cards
Make clear pockets of overhead transparency film (Stick two sides
only) on pieces of card.
Next to the pocket stick a piece of 'soft' sticky back Velcro to
store the word card and hold the pocket closed.
| Frog Hop Introduction | To
Make Game | Lily Pad Board | Picture
Cards | Word cards | Finished
Game Board |