A recipe to make your own play dough at home.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup of salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Food colouring (several colours)
- Mix all the ingredients (except the colouring) in a pan.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring all the time until the mixture comes
together as a dough (Adults only! not suitable for kids)
- Allow to cool a little and knead the dough until it is smooth and
- Divide the dough into two or more pieces, use food colouring to colour
- Store the dough wrapped in cling film in an airtight container or
plastic bag in the fridge.
Dough modeling tips
- Play dough pictures
- make pictures out of play dough
- use lots of different dough colours
- Build your picture on an old ice cream tub
lid (any plastic lid, preferably with a white background will do)
The lid supports and frames your picture.
- To make squiggly play dough hair
- squeeze the dough through a kitchen garlic