Speech Therapy...... Sound Train
To make your own sound train game......
You will need
- Clear sticky back plastic (or get the train sections laminated)
- Clear sticky tape
- Split pins
- Clear overhead transparency sheets, you will probably only need one
- Train engine and wagon pictures, you will need at least 3 wagon pictures.
(to print out from the browser first change your page orientation
to landscape in print set up)
- If you prefer you can download
a zipped Publisher file with all the pictures you will need to make
your own train. The pictures in the publisher file will give you a bigger
train than the one you can print from the browser. You will need Winzip
to unzip the file for more details visit our downloads page.
- Stick the picture of the engine and the wagons onto card and allow
- Cover the engine and wagon cards with clear sticky back plastic, or
have them laminated.
- Cut rectangles of overhead transparency sheets to fit the size of
- Stick these rectangles onto the wagons with clear sticky tape, leave
the top edge open so each wagon has a clear pocket into which you can
slide a sound card.
- Connect your engine and wagons together using short strips of stiff
- Carefully make small holes at either end of
the card strip
- Make small holes in the black bumpers on the
engine and the wagons.
- Use split pins to connect the train pieces
to the strips of card.
- Have a look at the picture on the previous
- Stick the vowel sound cards and letter cards onto card, again to increase
their life span its a good idea to cover them in sticky back plastic
or have them laminated.
- Cut out the individual cards.
- Enjoy playing the game.
| Sound train introduction |
Make Sound Train | Engine | Wagon
| Cards |